This Omelet Tortilla Breakfast Wrap takes a classic omelet and cooks it with a tortilla right in the skillet. Then simply roll it up and you have an easy on-the-go breakfast.
Omelet Tortilla Breakfast Wrap
This breakfast wrap combine two of my favorite weekend breakfast entrees – a breakfast burrito and an omelet in one! Use your favorite omelet fixins, the combinations are endless! A couple of other delicious breakfast recipes you may love, Breakfast Taco Scramble and Loaded Baked Omelet Muffins.
This omelet tortilla wrap is very filling and has just 315 calories. If you want some omelet recipes without the tortilla, try this Open-Faced Omelet with Feta, Roasted Tomatoes and Spinach and Goat Cheese Herb Omelet with Nova Lox. Just be sure to use a good non-stick skillet so you can seamlessly flip the omelet without sticking.
What can you put in an omelet?
You can put just about any veggies, meat, or cheese in your omelet wrap. Omelet fillings are incredibly versatile. Here are some variations:
- Add Meat: turkey, ham, bacon, sausage
- Vegetables: bell pepper, tomato, onion, mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, zucchini, squash
- Cheese: cheddar, feta, Parmesan, mozzarella, Monterey jack, goat, Swiss
How to Make an Tortilla Omelet Wrap
- Start by cooking your bacon and veggies in a skillet the same size as the tortilla.
- Spread in an even layer and pour in the eggs. Swirl the pan to redistribute the eggs in a round omelet shape about the
same size as the tortilla.
- Top the eggs with the tortilla on top and press the tortilla down – the uncooked part of the eggs will help the tortilla stick to the eggs.
- Run a spatula around the outside of the omelet and then quickly flip the omelet. Cook the tortilla side of the omelet wrap for one minute until the tortilla is browned and crisp.
- Transfer the omelet to a plate, roll up, and place seam side down. Cut the wrap in half and serve with hot sauce or salsa if you like.
More Omelet Recipes You’ll Love:
Omelet Tortilla Breakfast Wrap
- 2 slices center-cut bacon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped white mushroom
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Handful of baby spinach, about 20 leaves, chopped
- 1 8 or 9-inch low-carb whole wheat tortilla, (I used La Tortilla Factory)
- Fresh salsa or hot sauce, for serving (optional)
Place bacon in a cold non-stick skillet the size of your tortilla. Cook over medium heat until brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Once cool, chop bacon into small pieces.
Meanwhile, in small bowl add eggs, salt and pepper, to taste. Mix and set aside.
Add mushrooms to skillet with bacon drippings and sauté 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds more.
Spread garlic and mushrooms in an even layer then add beaten eggs to the pan. Swirl the pan to create a round omelet shape, similar to the size of your tortilla.
Top with the spinach and chopped bacon then place the tortilla on top of the omelet and press gently with your hands, using the uncooked part of the egg as a sort-of glue. Allow to set for about 10 seconds.
Run a flat spatula along the outside of the omelet, carefully releasing the edge to prepare for flipping. Quickly flip the omelet and cook, tortilla side down for about 1 minute more, or until tortilla is browned and beginning to crisp.
Transfer to a plate and carefully roll up the tortilla. Place seam side down and cut in half. Serve with fresh salsa or hot sauce, if desired.
Serving: 1wrap, Calories: 315kcal, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g, Cholesterol: 377mg, Sodium: 1037mg, Fiber: 14.5g, Sugar: 2g
Blue Smart Points: 4
Green Smart Points: 8
Purple Smart Points: 4
Keywords: breakfast wrap, omelet, tortilla omelet