Keto/ Paleo Diet: Chicken Kheema recipe
Keto and Paleo are like siblings, pretty alike yet so different. Lol… what a start… hahaha. But frankly speaking these are two ways of eating to lose weight real quick. This is also a fact that both these diets are more effective in giving results to non vegetarian food eaters. As we all know that meat and eggs have the lowest amount of carbohydrates and highest amount of proteins. That is what is needed to lose weight on a Keto or Paleo diet along with fat. We keep sharing recipes to make things easy for dieters and here we are back with another Low Carb recipe. Low carb recipes are the basis of Keto as well as Paleo diet. This time it is Chicken Kheema. Kheema/Keema is one such dish which can be prepared in various ways.
Chicken Kheema recipe
- 500gms Chicken kheema
- Ginger garlic paste: 1tbsp
- Jeera: 1tsp
- Cardomom pods : 2nos
- Cinnamon: 2 small sticks
- Onions: 2 large onions chopped finely
- Tomato: 1medium sized chopped finely
- Green chilies: 3nos
- Cilantro/ Coriander leaves: as per taste
- Salt: as per taste
- Coconut milk: 4tbsp
- Everest Chicken Masala: 2tsp
- 1 bowl boiled green peas
- Oil: 2tbsp
- Lime: 1no
1.Pour the oil in a kadhai and add jeera, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger garlic paste, green chillies and fry till the ginger garlic paste turns browns.
2.Then add the onions and tomatoes and once the tomatoes go soft, add the boiled green peas. Cook on a low flame till the raw smell goes from the peas and/or the onion start to go light brown.
3. Add the coconut milk (optional) and salt.
4. Once the peas become soft, add kheema, mix and cook on a medium flame.
5. Add water if necessary. When the kheema is half done, add Chicken Masala (you can add any masala) and let it cook.
6. Once done, add coriander leaves, juice of 1 lime to the dish and Voila! The dish is ready to serve!
Really simple right?
If you make this dish in a kadhai, it might take around 30 mins to prepare. In pressure cooker the dish would be ready in 15 mins or so. You can continue to cook this on a medium flame if you don’t like it a charredthis way.
You can make mutton kheema the same way as well. Enjoy it alone or with a flax meal or any low carb roti. Make it in a nice roll and enjoy your weight loss journey.
Hope you liked this recipe.
Do try this Keto / Paleo Diet, Chicken Kheema recipe.
You might like these too: